My first scooter mod

One of the things that attracted me to the Honda Ruckus was the open frame construction. The big open area under the seat just screams potential to me.

The one problem of all this potential is that is just that. The area is great for holding a bag of laundry or a bag of cat litter… But with the wide open sides if you don’t stuff it full you rust having things just fly away as you ride.

image

so I did something about that.

I had this roll of plastic mesh at  Bloominglabs so I dug it out and cut some panels roughly the size I wanted them.

image

I also grabbed a bag of zip-ties and a pair of “titanium” EMT shears.

image

I have some issues with the wasteful nature of zip-ties, but they were there and I didn’t have anything better at the moment.

the front panel just needed to be trimmed a little and installed.

image

The back panel was a more challenging shape and I had to nibble away bits until it fit.

image

image

The sides were the same shape so I just made two and cut out a little area for the helmet lock.

image

image

With the ties trimmed I had my cargo area nicely closed off and Rocinante looks 15% more post-apocalyptic!

image

Done! Though as soon as I find them I will replace the zip-ties with Velcro straps so I can pull off the panels when I need to.

 

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *